Somewhere between my landlord showing our apartment to prospective tenants and me researching storage units in Tennessee, it has come to my attention that I am not long for this city. In an attempt to combat the melancholy creeping into my heart, I'm constructing a "Things I Have To Do Before I Leave DC" list. This is no time for tears, as there are still many restaurants, museums, and concerts to be enjoyed in a baccanalian manner before I pack up my car. Suggestions welcome, as are tagalongs who want to enjoy the next 3 months with me!
Thus the list begins, in no particular order...
1. National Portrait Gallery - Hip Hop and Contemporary Portraiture, Katherine Hepburn Exhibits
2. Dinner at Marrakech
3. Boating in the Tidal Basin
4. Drag Queen Brunch at Perry's in Adams Morgan
5. Dinner, drinks, or both at Proof
6. Sushi at Makoto
7. The Phillips Collection
8. Old Rag
9. Manassas Regional Park
10. Friday night Jazz at the Natural History Museum
11. An Orioles game at Camden Yards
12. A Nationals game at the new stadium
13. The FDR Memorial (I know - I have no idea how I haven't seen this yet)
14. The National Firearms Museum
15. Mount Vernon
16. Pope-Leighey House
17. A night at HR-57
18. Ethiopean food. I don't even care where.