Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rush Limbaugh is an ass

How pathetic of a human being do you have to be, after receiving the benefit of the doubt from society in general about your own personal drug addictions, to go on national radio and mock the effects of someone's debilitating disease and question their intentions in supporting research that could lead to cures for other people facing the same fate? That's right up there with pushing your grandmother into oncoming traffic.

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," Limbaugh told listeners. "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."

Really, Rush? Because the highlight of MY day would be getting to pretend that I have one of the most frightening degenerative diseases I can think of that will eventually leave me unable to care for myself and a prisoner of my own body, all while my mind remains virtually intact. That sounds like a blast.

Michael J. Fox has the right to support whatever political candidate he wants to for whatever reason he wants to. I think there are worse political platforms in the world that you could lend your name to than one that could lead to medical breakthroughs for people battling these horribly destructive conditions. I'm a pretty big believer in karma, and I'd hate to see Rush Limbaugh's comeuppance for this one.

No comments: